I have kept journals for 9 years and so its surprising that I should only discover blogging as a new format of journal writing. It's about time I embrace it and see if its as fun.




Saturday 30 March 2013

The Tale of the Rainbow Elephants

One day a family of three elephants decided to go on a long trip to look for their fortune.


Blue Elephants ATC - Watercolour


But something happened!!!

An Elephant's Memory ATC - Watercolour


The little one disappeared in a swirl of colour!!!

Green Elephant ATC - Watercolour


The father elephant searched until his mate died.

Yellow Elephant ATC - Watercolour


But he never found him. 
Little Elephant grew up in a world of green skies and blue grass. She regretted leaving her parents behind but the world she now lived in was free of all predators and she lived a long happy life.




I'll admit that turned into a more morbid story than I imagined, but I didn't really paint these with a story in mind. In fact this was an experiment to see how well the colours would work in different situations. Somehow they've come out much more vibrant than I imagined! Very happy!

So I put the new colours to the test and added a new item to my Abstract Etsy Shop. I did that item with Creative Tuesday in mind since last week's theme was skyscrapers... except that I got it in my head that it was Monday so rush rush to get something done. I really do have all my days mixed up at the moment. This week's theme is newborn which I think is pretty appropriate for me!

Maybe next time I'll paint these with a story to hand!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-39710798-1