I have kept journals for 9 years and so its surprising that I should only discover blogging as a new format of journal writing. It's about time I embrace it and see if its as fun.




Saturday 6 April 2013

A Handy Challenge

Hmmm, so baby is still not here and I'm a day overdue, yawn, she'll get here eventually! In the meantime I am still itching to do artwork. I told myself I'd stop agreeing to anymore ATC trades but what did I do - yup I agreed to a swap. Except these are different slightly. I am sending 3 of my cards out to a host in America - once the deadline has been and gone that host will take all the cards that everyone has submitted, mix them up a bit and send them back out so that I get 3 cards from 3 different artists. It's fun and you never know what you'll get.

"Interpretation of the Hand" ATC Swap - Watercolour

The theme was "Interpretations of the Hand". I wasn't too sure how to colour these, normally I'd have 3 elements on the card to colour orange, blue and green. This time however I only had 2, the hand and the background. So with my fiancé's input we settled on a black and white hand and colourful wash of complimentary colours. It came out far far better than imagined!

The extra card is for the host by the way :)

Check back in a couple of weeks to see what hand cards I get, can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. The wash of two colours works perfectly. The people who receive these should be very pleased. Hope baby makes an appearance soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see my returns! The two colours is a new style I'm going to work on and perfect, my fave one is the bottom right one because by then I had a system :D

      Still no baby, sooooon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-39710798-1